Creative Composite Photography

Taking a look around the internet, you are sure to come across many many images that have been put together rather than been taken as a single frame in camera.  Lots of photographers like to extend their editing abilities and create images that seem impossible like the wedding photos where the guests are being chased by a non existent Dinosaur, or the couple standing in the middle of a lava flow.  Impossible images to capture in camera but creatively put together after wards in photoshop. All to make the impossible, possible.



Isn't creativity wonderful?  

I've been making my mini world images in the same fashion as most of these composite makers and after creating a few, I find it thoroughly enjoyable, especially seeing the vision come together in the final image.  The only limit is your imagination when it comes to creating art and the same can be said for even shooting photos, looking at things from a different perspective, using the things around you to your advantage and making the most out of situations you find yourself in when shooting street images for example.  Trying to think outside the box, challenging your inner creative. 

I have a shed load of 'stock' images, pictures of things like tree branches, leaves on the ground, ripples in puddles, and I have those stock images because I know they might come in useful one day for creating a whole different world and making it seem like the impossible is actually possible.

So I bring your attention to creating composites, sometimes out of just 2 images and sometimes using 10 or more seperate photos to make one unique photo.  These are a few of the steps I go through in order to bring magic to your eyes and a sense of wonderment.  I'm not after reactions, although I do often get a few gasps and wows when I show my images to potential clients, but what makes me happy is knowing in my own mind, I've achieved a mental vision and produced it during post production.  I get a real sense of enjoyment from creating something from nothing more than an idea right through to the final piece and then having it printed.



I have to admit, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing something you've dreamed about come out in glorious colour in print and holding that vision in your hand.



This is how I work. I hope you enjoy my visions as much as I do creating them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sport of Kings

Nikon D500 field test

Nikon D500 and Lexar memory card issues