Nikon D500 and Lexar memory card issues

I've always been a fan of Lexar Memory cards.  So having purchased my Nikon D500 I was keen to get the battery charged and get out shooting with it.

I removed my Lexar Professional class 10 16GB memory from my Nikon D750 and inserted it to my Nikon D500, switched the camera on and as always 'formatted' the memory card in the camera to ensure it worked correctly.

I've never had issues with these cards in the past and on this occasion, I was surprised that after taking around 3 photos, I was presented with camera lock-up.  Looking at the top menu screen, I could see the flashing Err message so turned the camera off and back on again.  Everything looked fine so I thought it was a one off issue.

A couple more shots on the camera and the same thing happened so I assumed I had a bad memory card.  I swapped it out for another Lexar Professional class 10 16GB which I keep in my card holder with all my other memory cards and went through the same formatting stage as before.  Everything looked great and I carried on shooting.

A few shots later and the SAME thing was happening so I began to think there was issues with my brand new Nikon D500 and was almost ready to take it back to the shop.

I thought I'd give it one more chance with a different brand memory card so this time I inserted a Sandisk 32Gb class 10 96Mbs and formatted that in the Nikon D500.  No problems.  I continued to use it as I was out in London and there were no issues with the camera or the memory card for the duration of the day.

When I got home, I tried the Lexar Professional class 10 16GB in my Nikon D750 and everything worked fine with no errors or problems of any kind..  so how can it be that the older Nikon D750 has zero issues with the Lexar cards, yet the D500 does.

Perhaps it's a firmware issue in the camera, so I shall wait to see if Nikon address the issue.  There are a number of people reporting the same issue with Lexar cards so again, it could be a problem with the cards.  We shall wait and see.

Here's an image of the Err message on the Nikon D500 and the video to the problem happening live.

#NikonD500 #Lexar #Memorycard #failure




Comments

  1. Good article The Lexar memory-cards
    are very popular brand name with high quality. I shall also use it in future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sport of Kings

Westminster Bridge through my eyes