Shooting a Fairytale Princess

Shooting a Fairytale Princess

I saw Ellie in the park, she was dressed as the little mermaid and looked wonderful so I approached her, had a little chat and left her with my calling card.

Not Long afterwards, Ellie sent me an email and said she'd be honored to have me take her photograph; so we decided to collaborate and come up with some creative ideas.

We met again in a local coffee house to discuss a possible date, went over our ideas so we would all be on the same page on the day of the shoot. I got my friend in to hold the soft box which had a speed light inside.  Everything was done in manual mode, including setting focus and altering the power output of the flash at each location to capture the right mood for each image.

I wanted sunny weather, so we put the shoot off until late march when there would be  a better chance of sunshine.  We couldn't have picked a better day, the  sun was glorious, casting the right  amount of light for the duration of the shoot.. approx 3 hours in three different locations around the park.



Belle and the Daffodils.

The above image was shot at low level through the daffodils, The light was placed facing downwards at 45 degrees.  Nikon D750 Tamron 24-70mm


Above: I wanted more of a story so Ellie was posed as though she was concerned about something behind her.  I used my 15-30mm lens for this one, again on the Nikon D750



I have some bits and pieces lying around from a craft store, I used one of the items here and placed it just in front of my lens to get the effect above..with the sun in the right place and some smoke from a fire in the background, it made for a great atmospherice, almost magical image.



Finally, I wanted to create a fantasy princess scene so added the rose and flying paper in post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sport of Kings

Nikon D500 field test

Nikon D500 and Lexar memory card issues