The Losers

Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2017

With over 8000 entries from across the globe, The categories consist of a large range of images depicting food in our society.  The competition has been going since 2011 and I've entered it numerous times over that period.

This year I was successful and to my absolute astonishment, first manged to get shortlisted.  I was extatic. 39 Judges went through each and every photograph they included David Loftus Photographer to Jamie Oliver, Nigel Atherton, group editor for time inc etc and Xanthe Clay, Telegraph food columnist.

Shortly afterwards, I received an email informing me that my image had made the finals! and I was invited to attend the awards ceremony at the Mall Galleries in London.

On 25 April 2017 the award Ceremony took place at the Gallery, with over 400 guests.  Delicious canapes and Taittinger champagne was on offer and was one of the main highlights of the evening for me. 

Thirteen Sponsors ranging from Startisans, food unearthed and Partridges supplied some of the prizes and goodie bags were handed out to the winners of each category.

Pink Lady, the primary sponsors since  the competition first launched had the place adorned with their delicious apples in giant glass tumblers.  They looked seriously tempting too!

The crowd gathered in the main gallery as Jay Rainer, Journalist, writer and food critic read out the results for each category and the winners were announced.

I was thrilled beyond words at receiving 2nd place in my category 'the politics of food' with my image 'The Losers' seen below.  More information about my image can be found here



The night ended on an absolute high for all winners and placements.  In no way had I expected to rank amongst such amazing talent.  I had hoped but it was just that; a slight glimmer, for a commendation so you can imagine my excitement when I saw the 2nd Place sticker under my image. 

Congratulations to all winners, and finalists and please head over to the Pink Lady website to see the results.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sport of Kings

Nikon D500 field test

Nikon D500 and Lexar memory card issues